Child pages
  • User Account and Project Account
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

 

Access to Vilje

To be able to access and use vilje.hpc.ntnu.no, it is necessary with both an user account and a project account. The user account is a regular UNIX user account used for login with a username and password. The project account holds computing time. Computing time is allocated to the project account based on applications from project managers. A project manager is typically a professor or associate professor holding a permanent academic position at NTNU.

Project Account

Project Accounts are established on the request of project managers (Professors or Associate Professors). A project account can either be related to NTNU or to NOTUR. 25% of the overall computing time on vilje, is allocated to local NTNU projects. NOTUR allocates the remaining 75% of the computing time.

NOTUR/SIGMA2 Project account

To apply for a project account and a computing allocation from NOTUR, access the Sigma2 web pages.

 

NTNU local projects

To apply for a local NTNU project account on VIlje , access the Sigma2 web pages. Remember to state that you need local CPU quota on Vilje.

User Account

Access to vilje.hpc.ntnu.no is granted to persons affiliated with NTNU:

  • NTNU Employees
  • Postdoctoral Fellows at NTNU
  • PhD students at NTNU
  • Master students at NTNU
  • Project participants in scientific projects at NTNU

Access for Postdoctoral Fellows, PhD- and master students, and project participants must be confirmed by a NTNU employee holding a permanent academic position, like either an Associate Professor or Professor.The Professor or Associate Professor will serve as a project responsible.

NOTUR Users

"Vilje" is a national resource also available through the NOTUR-project. UNINETT Sigma2 can give access to the system based on the criteria for the NOTUR-project. See more info at UNINETT Sigma2's web pages.

Password

Changing a password

A NOTUR-password can be changed for individual NOTUR and NorStore Systems, as well for all systems. To change password, login on the NOTUR metacenter.no . FEIDE-authentication is needed.

Obtaining a new password

Password can be reset by UNINETT Sigma2 and user support. To obtain a new password, send an email to sigma@uninett.no or support-ntnu@notur.no

 

  • No labels